Fresh herbs are wonderful to keep indoors all year round and are an excellent flavor bomb for dishes! If you’ve been wondering how to use fresh herbs in meals or want to start and herb garden but don’t have any meals to go along with it, this is the meal plan for you! The best part about growing your own herbs is that you can grow them indoors or outdoors. Just double check that they get the proper sunlight and water throughout the week. If you’re a beginner with plants, you could start with one herb plant such as basil, and then grow your collection.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you meals with fresh herbs to enjoy for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Source: Feta and Olive Greek Pizza
The best part about having fresh herbs right at your fingertips is that you can throw them into any meal that you want! For instance, cilantro is a great herb to detox heavy metals, and tossing it in your morning smoothie will truly get your day started off right! End the day with this rosemary chocolate bark; the rosemary adds a warmer kick to this dessert than chile, and is a perfect recipe to use with fresh rosemary!
- Breakfast: Cilantro Blueberry Detox Smoothie by Nikki Stokes
- Lunch: Summer Tomato Basil and Avocado Salad by Jesse Lane Lee
- Dinner: Feta and Olive Greek Pizza by Sweet, Savory, and Free: Insanely Delicious Plant-Based Recipes without Any of the Top 8 Food Allergens
- Dessert: Rosemary-Chocolate Bark by The Vegan ABCs Cookbook by Lisa Dawn Angerame
Fresh dill is wonderful becuase you can add to to chickpea salads or even your favorite salads. Dill brings a wonderful flavor to greens and having it in these chickpea gyros is perfect to bring out all the flavors! End the day with a blood orange and thyme cake!
- Breakfast: Mexican Potato Hash by Stephanie McKinnie
- Lunch: Dill Pickle Roasted Chickpea Gyros by Maria Koutsogiannis
- Dinner: 9 Vegetable Lasagna by Michaell Johnson
- Dessert: Blood Orange and Thyme Olive Oil Cake by Gabrielle St. Claire
Have you ever had pizza for breakfast? The best part of this pizza is that you can use fresh chives to add an extra kick of flavor! Plus, enjoy this fettuccine for dinner and mince up some fresh thyme and parsley to accompany the dish!
- Breakfast: Breakfast Tortilla Pesto Pizza by Renee Press
- Lunch: Chickpea, Pumpkin, and Dill Burgers by Katie Culpin and Josh Bailey
- Dinner: Fettuccine With Oyster Mushrooms and Thyme by Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer with Blistered Green Beans with Preserved Lemon and Parsley by Claire Ragozzino
- Dessert: Lemon and Thyme Cake With Lemon Curd by Lauren Wright
Source: Almond Burgers
Another use for chives is in these chickpea pancakes! They add a wonderful addition to this dish. Feel free to top these almond burgers with fresh sprouts and a healthy dose of fresh thyme!
- Breakfast: Tomato, Chive, and Chickpea Pancakes by The Kind Cook
- Lunch: Almond Burgers by Rouxbe
- Dinner: Polenta Frittata With Mushroom, Tomato, and Basil by Hannah Sunderani
- Dessert: Chocolate Almond and Thyme Tarts by Hannah Sunderani
Source: Dill Flavored Lentil Fritters
Happy Friday! Enjoy another easy breakfast with this parsley pear green smoothie and finish out the day with these soft baked lemon rosemary cookies!
- Breakfast: Parsley Pear Green Smoothie by Nikki Stokes
- Lunch: Dill Flavored Lentil Fritters by Priya Lakshminarayan
- Dinner: Margherita Pizza With Fresh Basil Pesto and Mozzarella by Jennifer Harmon
- Dessert: Soft Baked Lemon Rosemary Cookies by Gabrielle St. Claire
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!