Deliciously crispy Dill flavored Lentil Fritters makes for a great snack or breakfast. A recipe that's light on the oil and easy to make. Do try it today!
Dill Flavored Lentil Fritters [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup urad dal
- 1 cup dill leaves/shepu
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 4-5 green chilies minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- Salt as required
- Little Oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon cooking soda optional
- Soak the urad dal lentils in water for at least 3-4 hours..
- Drain the water and grind the dal to a smooth paste in a mixer without adding any additional water.
- Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl.
- Now add the chopped dill leaves to it.
- Add the rice flour.
- Next add the chopped onions, ginger paste, and green chilies.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- The batter is now ready.
- Now you need to heat the Appe pan. Once the Appe pan is hot, drizzle some oil in each mold.
- Using a spoon or you hand, make small balls of the batter and place them in each mold.
- Drizzle some more oil over each ball. Cover the pan and cook over a medium flame for a minute or two.
- Carefully turn the fritters around in the mold so all sides cook evenly.
- Remove fritters from the pan and place in a container lined with paper napkins to soak any excess oil.