This Fettuccini is food for the soul and the body. These thick noodles are coated in a hearty, creamy, mushroom and thyme sauce and finished off with some fresh parsley and nooch (for at little extra cheesy flavor!). This is a recipe that will rise to the top of your go-to list in no time.
Fettuccine With Oyster Mushrooms and Thyme [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 onions
- 4 tablespoons rapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1/2 red chili
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 17.6 ounces Oyster mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 17.6 ounces of fettuccine or pasta of choice (gluten-free, grain-free, etc...)
- 1/4 bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- Cut the onions in half and cut them into fine strips.
- Pour oil into a hot pan, fry the onion strips over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the chili, garlic, salt, and the thyme to the onions.
- Cook them another 2 minutes.
- Cut mushrooms into strips and place them in the pan.
- Cook them for 8 minutes at medium to high heat, stirring them occasionally and adding in the pepper.
- Bring 3 liters of salt water to a boil.
- Cook the fettuccine for 6 minutes.
- Just before the noodles are cooked, add 2/3 cup of noodle water to the mushrooms.
- Add the fettuccine to the sauce, stir well and allow it to stand for a moment.
- Chop the parsley.
- Plate the pasta with parsley, and nutritional yeast flakes to garnish and serve it immediately.