I’ve had a craving for banana bread for a while but I’m not much of a baker and thought it would be too hard. Turns out it’s actually incredibly easy and there’s the added bonus of being able to lick the bowl spoon while it’s baking, and you better believe this batter tastes good. This ‘butter’ was a cinch to make and not only made my house smell divine, but tasted incredible.
Toasted Banana Bread With Passion Fruit Butter [Vegan]
- ¾ cup Agave Nectar
- ¼ cup vegan margarine
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups plain flour (I used a gluten-free all purposes flour)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla (or the seeds from half a pod)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ cup vegan margarine (or more if you like it more buttery)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a 4×8 inch bread pan with non stick cooking spray or lightly coat with margarine.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Cream together the margarine, melted coconut oil and agave.
- Add bananas, almond milk and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix well. Pour batter into pan. Bake for an hour.
- Add the passionfruit, lemon and Agave to a small saucepan and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated – about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the margarine until dissolved.
- Pour into an airtight container or jar and place in the fridge to set.
- Toast a slice of banana bread under the grill and then spread it with the cool, tangy deliciousness that is passionfruit butter, mmmmm. If you can stop at just one slice, you have more self-control than me.