This particular pizza recipe requires no making of crusts, and is only baked briefly in oven or toaster oven. If you roll it up to take it on the go, you will have yourself a breakfast pizza-burrito. This pizza comes together in two easy steps (and can be reduced to 1, if you make pesto ahead of time or buy pre-made).
Breakfast Tortilla Pesto Pizza [Vegan]
- 1 tortilla of choice
- Pesto (throw everything in blender or food processor)
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds of choice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup spinach (or kale, swiss chard, arugula, any greens will work)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (or parsley, mint or cilantro if you're feeling adventurous!)
- 1/3 cup water
- Thinly sliced potato, mushroom, onion, corn, chives, spinach, greens, peppers, avocado, broccoli, etc
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees. Make your pesto by combining all ingredients in a blender or food processor and processing for 30 seconds (scraping down sides a few times), until creamy.
- Pour onto tortilla and spread out evenly with a spoon, it should be a nice thick layer of pesto.
- Top with your thinly sliced veggies, though leave avocado off until it comes out of oven. Place on baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until tortilla starts to brown and get crispy and toppings are soft and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and top with avocado if using, salt, pepper and any other favorite flavors. Cut into slices or roll up like a burrito. Enjoy!