Homemade jam is almost always better than the store-bought version. But making your own jam can be a bit difficult. The easiest way to make homemade jam is to use chia seeds! They will give your jam the classic texture without having to do much work. Plus, they have so many health benefits! Chia jam is great for toast, vegan yogurt, oatmeal, and so much more! It’s so versatile! Even if you know how to make chia jam, keep reading to learn new recipes that use it!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Coconut Tart With Chia Cherry Jam
This stunning Coconut Tart With Chia Cherry Jam by Adam Graczynski is absolutely delightful to eat and easy to make. Its simple date and almond crust is topped with a creamy coconut layers and finished with some homemade chia jam. It’s three layers of awesome in one decadent dessert.
2. Blueberry Grape Chia Seed Refrigerator Jam
With this Blueberry Grape Chia Seed Refrigerator Jam by Helyn Dunn, you don’t need to cook the fruit and the chia helps it to thicken in the fridge. How easy, fun, delicious and nutritious! You MUST try this simple, fresh treat – A nutrient-rich jam without any added sweeteners!
3. Strawberry and Raspberry Jam
Source: Strawberry and Raspberry Jam
This thick, spreadable Paleo and Vegan Strawberry Raspberry Jam by Sabrina Estafo goes deliciously on just about anything! It’s sweet, full of flavor, and contains NO artificial ingredients. This jam is quick and easy to make, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and clean-eating!
4. Protein Scones with Blackberry Chia Jam
These Protein Scones with Blackberry Chia Jam by Vicky Coates are a healthier, gluten free and vegan version of the classic baked good that you can enjoy everyday of the week rather than as a treat every now and again. Besides the texture, one of the best things about these scones is the not-too-sweet taste. Any biscuit-like bread just begs for a thick layer of berry jam spread on top. You could of course stick with regular jam instead of the chia jam, but its a great reduced sugar healthier version.
5. Simple Chia Berry Spread
Source: Simple Chia Berry Spread
Once you make and personalize this Simple Chia Berry Spread by Molly Patrick, you will not be able to get enough! It can be spread on anything – oatmeal, toast, granola, yogurt, or eat it by itself. We won’t judge, we promise! It’s just so delicious and healthy!
6. Raspberry Chia Jam
Source: Raspberry Chia Jam
7. Wholesome Wagon Wheels
Source: Wholesome Wagon Wheels
This is a more wholesome version of wagon wheels—a popular supermarket treat I! The trickiest—and most magical—thing in this recipe is the marshmallow, which is made without animal-derived gelatin and without refined sweeteners. Instead, aquafaba has reached stiff peaks at the same time as when your syrup has been heated. The agar powder in the syrup sets quickly so it needs to be incorporated into the aquafaba and spread onto the base as quickly as possible. The marshmallow is only mildly sweet, which makes it perfect for adults! Everyone will love these Wholesome Wagon Wheels by Incredible Plant-Based Desserts, Anthea Cheng!
8. Apple Chia Jam
Source: Apple Chia Jam
A delicious topping to toast, porridge, muesli and desserts. With vibrant flavor from the grapes and texture from the chia seeds, this Apple Chia Jam by Taryn Fitz-Gerald is a winner! A really simple and delicious alternative to regular sugar laden conventional jam.
9. Sugarless Grape Jelly
Source: Sugarless Grape Jelly
This Sugarless Grape Jelly by Sara Oliveira is packed with nutrient-rich chia seeds that give it a beautiful texture. And the grapes are just so perfect that you don’t need to add any additional sugar! Spread over bread, on oatmeal or eat it by itself.
10. Blueberry and Raspberry Pancakes With Two Sauces
These Blueberry and Raspberry Pancakes With Two Sauces by Sirke Reivo are full of bright, lovely flavors that will leave you wanting seconds (and maybe even thirds)! The sweet berries will lighten up your morning.
11. Ten-Minute Chia Jam
Source: Ten-Minute Chia Jam
In this Ten-Minute Chia Jam recipe by Julie Zimmer, the chia seeds and dates do all the work. They give your jam a naturally sweet taste and gelatinous texture. And, you can’t even taste the dates, only the fresh fruit. Be sure to use fruit that is ripe and sweet.
12. Coconut Cream Pie With Blackberry Chia Jam
Most of recipes for coconut cream pie are extremely rich, as lots of the fillings used cashews as the base. This Coconut Cream Pie With Blackberry Chia Jam by Kat Kothgasser is much lighter because it uses silken tofu. This pie is not for people who are afraid of a bit of oil though, as a flakey pie crust just doesn’t work without it. The fat used in this pie is coconut oil, so it’s not all bad and tastes delicious!
13. Berry Chia Jam Thumbprint Cookies
It’s that time of the year again! a time of sharing food with family and what better way than these delicious Berry Chia Jam Thumbprint Cookies by Tiana Haines. These would be a perfect little gift for someone or just a nice treat to have anytime of year.
14. Peanut Butter and Jelly Flapjacks
These Peanut Butter and Jelly Flapjacks by Andri Neocleous make a great snack if you’re craving something sweet! The classic flavor of that childhood peanut butter and jelly truly comes through in this dish. Try out these delicious, easy-to-make flapjacks!
15. Chia and Berry Jam Pots
Source: Chia and Berry Jam Pots
Jam is one of those little treats that takes your straight back to your berry-stained childhood. The great thing about it is you can make it with any combination of fruit you like, it doesn’t have to be sugar-packed, and add in a few chia seeds and you’ve got yourself a pretty nutritiously delicious jam. You have to try making these Chia and Berry Jam Pots by Judy Moosmueller!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.