These flapjacks make a great snack if you're craving something sweet! The classic flavor of that childhood peanut butter and jelly truly comes through in this dish. Try out these delicious, easy-to-make flapjacks!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Flapjacks [Vegan]
For the Flapjacks:
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil, or coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup ground oats (blend oats in a blender or just use wholewheat flour)
- 1 cup traditional oats
- 1/2 cup ground peanuts (blend peanuts in a blender but leave them chunky still)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 handful frozen or fresh raspberries
For the Drizzle
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons plant milk (roughly)
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
For the Flapjacks:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a medium sized baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil or sunflower oil and coconut sugar.
- Stir in ground oats, traditional oats, ground peanuts, baking soda, and salt.
- Place just over half of mixture into the prepared pan (should be roughly 3mm thickness). Even out by pressing the mixture with a metal spoon or with your fingers.
- Heat jam slightly with the fresh or frozen berries. Add a few drops of water and stir until it forms a thick sauce
- Pour and spread jam on the flapjacks, put leave a bit of space from the edges
- Sprinkle on the remaining oat mixture and press down gently
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely at room temperature.
For the Peanut Drizzle:
- Add 1 tablespoon of plant milk to the peanut butter in a microwave safe cup and stir with a mini whisk or fork.
- Microwave for a few seconds on low heat if necessary to make the peanut mixture runnier.
- Add the peanut sauce to the sifted icing sugar in a small bowl then stir. Add another tbsp of plant milk if necessary and stir until you have a slightly runny smooth mixture.
- Once the flapjacks have completely cooled, drizzle the peanut icing over the flapjacks with a small spoon.
- Cut into rectangles and serve.