Once you make and personalize this spread, you will not be able to get enough! It can be spread on anything - oatmeal, toast, granola, yogurt, or eat it by itself. We won't judge, we promise! It's just so delicious and healthy!
Simple Chia Berry Spread [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Simple Chia Berry Spread [Vegan]
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup quartered grapes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (more or less, depending on how sweet you like your jam)
How to Prepare Simple Chia Berry Spread [Vegan]
- Place the blackberries, grapes, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over medium - low heat for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn off the heat and add the ground chia seeds and the maple syrup and stir.
- Mash the fruit with a potato masher and transfer the jam to a glass container and allow to cool before storing in the fridge. This jam won’t get super thick like store bought jam, but it will thicken up a bit as it cools.
This jam will stay good for about a week in the fridge. You can use any combo of fruit you like.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.