This stunning coconut tart is absolutely delightful to eat and easy to make. Its simple date and almond crust is topped with a creamy coconut layers and finished with some homemade chia jam. It's three layers of awesome in one decadent dessert.
Coconut Tart With Chia Cherry Jam [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 cup almonds
For the Coconut Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups grated coconut
- 1/2 15.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 large tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
For the Jam:
- 1/3 cup cherries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Pistachios, for garnish
- Shred the almonds food processor until very fine.
- Add the drained dates and blend everything together.
- Put parchment paper in a pie dish and press the mixture into the plate so that the date/almond mixture is evenly distributed.
- Place the dish in the freezer while you prepare the coconut layer.
- Mix all ingredients for the coconut layer in a food processor until they're a homogeneous mass.
- Spread this evenly over the date base and put the dish back in the freezer.
- Place all the ingredient for the jam into the food processor and blend them together well.
- Place the jam in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to thicken and then spread it over the coconut layer.
- Garnish it with chopped pistachios before you serve it.