This stunning coconut tart is absolutely delightful to eat and easy to make. Its simple date and almond crust is topped with a creamy coconut layers and finished with some homemade chia jam. It's three layers of awesome in one decadent dessert.
Coconut Tart With Chia Cherry Jam [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Tart With Chia Cherry Jam [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 cup almonds
For the Coconut Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups grated coconut
- 1/2 15.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 large tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
For the Jam:
- 1/3 cup cherries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Pistachios, for garnish
How to Prepare Coconut Tart With Chia Cherry Jam [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Shred the almonds food processor until very fine.
- Add the drained dates and blend everything together.
- Put parchment paper in a pie dish and press the mixture into the plate so that the date/almond mixture is evenly distributed.
- Place the dish in the freezer while you prepare the coconut layer.
- Mix all ingredients for the coconut layer in a food processor until they're a homogeneous mass.
- Spread this evenly over the date base and put the dish back in the freezer.
- Place all the ingredient for the jam into the food processor and blend them together well.
- Place the jam in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to thicken and then spread it over the coconut layer.
- Garnish it with chopped pistachios before you serve it.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.