Jam is one of those little treats that takes your straight back to your berry-stained childhood. The great thing about it is you can make it with any combination of fruit you like, it doesn’t have to be sugar-packed, and add in a few chia seeds and you’ve got yourself a pretty nutritiously delicious jam.
Chia and Berry Jam Pots [Vegan]
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1 cup rapadura/coconut sugar
- juice of one half lemon
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 4 servings of porridge/semolina/brown rice, cooked
- Thoroughly wash your berries and place into a saucepan. Stir through sweetener. Add the lemon juice and bring to boil while stirring continuously.
- Boil your jam for a total of 3 - 5 minutes. This short heating process will keep most of the minerals (potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron).
- Let cool and then add chia. Let set for 20 minutes before dividing the jam into jars by layering it with cooked and slightly cooled porridge.