These scones are a healthier, gluten free and vegan version of the classic baked good that you can enjoy everyday of the week rather than as a treat every now and again. Besides the texture, one of the best things about these scones is the not-too-sweet taste. Any biscuit-like bread just begs for a thick layer of berry jam spread on top. You could of course stick with regular jam instead of the chia jam, but its a great reduced sugar healthier version.
Protein Scones with Blackberry Chia Jam [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Protein Scones with Blackberry Chia Jam [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the scones:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 chia egg
- 15g of vegan protein (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 3/4 almond milk
- Handful of frozen raspberries
For the chia jam:
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
How to Prepare Protein Scones with Blackberry Chia Jam [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line or grease a muffin tin.
- To make the chia egg, combine chia seeds with water and set aside for 5-10mins.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, adding the milk last until the desired consistency is achieved. The consistency should be similar to porridge but not too runny.
- Scoop mixture into the muffin tray. Bake in the oven for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the chia jam by microwaving the frozen blackberries until warm and then mix in the chia seeds and leave to stand for around 15 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven to cool and keep in an air tight container in the fridge.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 100 | Carbs: 2 g | Fat: 12 g | Protein: 8 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.