On those lovely spring days, there’s nothing better than a big, refreshing drink to keep you hydrated! Whether you’re craving a sweet mocktail or a regular cocktail, maybe even with a twist, we got the recipes for you here – with these 10 drinks you just have to try this spring!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Watermelon Rose Drink
Source: Watermelon Rose Drink
This drink has a combination of cold watermelon and some rosé wine, which makes it light and refreshing. You should definitely enjoy Nadia Petrova‘s Watermelon Rose Drink any day (or night) this spring!
2. Dharmarita: Healthy Strawberry Mocktail
Source: Dharmarita: Healthy Strawberry Mocktail
The perfectly fresh mocktail, made with strawberries and lime! If you’re looking for an alcohol-free cocktail to sip in your backyard, take a look at the recipe for Holly Bertone‘s Dharmarita: Healthy Strawberry Mocktail!
A martini with a twist! Nita Ragoonanan‘s Ginger-Tini has ginger in it, which makes it spicier and a little more interesting than a regular martini.
4. Rosy Rosé Spritzers
Source: Rosy Rosé Spritzers
These fancy-looking drinks are actually quite simple to toss together! Rose-infused wine makes an absolutely delicious drink, so you’re totally gonna love Hannah Sunderani‘s Rosy Rosé Spritzers.
5. Watermelon Frosé
Source: Watermelon Frosé
A trendy, wine-based slushie that’ll keep you refreshed on a lovely spring day! Karen Sheer‘s Watermelon Frosé has chunks of frozen watermelon to make it even more frosty.
6. Watermelon Cherry Cooler
Source: Watermelon Cherry Cooler
Stay hydrated this spring with Gunjan Dudani‘s Watermelon Cherry Cooler! Watermelon, cherries, basil, mint, lime juice, and no added sugar make this drink healthy, exciting and yummy!
7. Peach and Lemongrass Shrub
Source: Peach and Lemongrass Shrub
The perfect mocktail base for a hot spring day, with peach, lemongrass, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar. Courtney West‘s Peach and Lemongrass Shrub is healthy, great for your digestive system, and has the perfect sweet taste with a hint of citrus!
8. Sparkling Dragon Fruit Margarita
Source: Sparkling Dragon Fruit Margarita
Some days you just want a sparkly pink drink, like this Sparkling Dragon Fruit Margarita by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez! In this beverage you’ll find pink dragon fruit purée, freshly-squeezed lime juice, silver tequila, triple sec, simple syrup, and a splash of club soda at the end to make it sparkling!
9. Ginger Lime Kombucharita
Source: Ginger Lime Kombucharita
An updated version of the Mexican margarita, with tequila, lime, and ginger kombucha to spice everything up! Karlie Kashat‘s Ginger Lime Kombucharita is a flavorful drink with a zesty twist.
10. Jal Jeera: Refreshing Indian Spiced Lemonade
Source: Jal Jeera: Refreshing Indian Spiced Lemonade
Try a new drink this spring, like Anupama Paliwal‘s Jal Jeera: Refreshing Indian Spiced Lemonade! Your taste buds are totally going to dig this refreshing drink with mint, coriander, ginger, lemon juice, and tasty spices!
Maybe you’re craving a yummy burger on the side? Try out these 15 Fantastically Fresh Veggie Burger Recipes For Spring!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!