This is an updated version of the classic Mexican cocktail – the margarita. The base of tequila, lime, and triple sec remains the same but the beverage is augmented with ginger kombucha, which provides a slight tang of fermentation and the spicy notes of ginger on the back end of the drink give it more depth and complexity than its predecessor. It's the perfect warm weather beverage to enjoy with a friend.
Ginger Lime Kombucharita [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 6 ounces ginger kombucha
- Lime and mint, to garnish
- Add lime, tequila, and triple sec to a glass or shaker jar, shake it up.
- Add ice to two glasses, and pour the drink over.
- Top both glasses with ginger kombucha.
- Garnish with lime and mint.