Summer is upon us, and staying hydrated is at the top of the list. Apart from drinking cold water, we look for healthy beverages with no added sugar. This recipe is exactly that!
Watermelon Cherry Cooler [Vegan]
- 2 cups watermelon (chopped)
- 1 cup cherries (seeds removed)
- 1 basil leaf
- 1 mint leaf
- 1/8 tsp lime/lemon juice
- 2 cups cold water
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend it as smoothly as possible.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and dried basil (in equal proportions) and shake it a little. Rub the serving glasses with the lime wedges and dip the glass into the sugar basil mixture.
- Fill half of the glass with ice and pour the drink into it.
- Top it with fresh mint and basil leaves and a slice of lime and serve immediately.
- If you plan to make this drink ahead of time, then save it in a glass container along with mint and basil leaves and lemon slices in the refrigerator without ice. - If your watermelon is not sweet enough, feel free to add little sugar according to taste.