PETA and animal rights activists seem concerned about the habits of the future Kings of England and their protection of all creatures.
'To help him grow into a responsible, compassionate leader, his parents must teach him respect for all living beings.' 😡https://t.co/noxj4zf8aa
— PETA UK (@PETAUK) September 1, 2020
PETA director Mimi Bekhechi said of the practice, “Very few people these days view shooting for “sport” as anything other than a violent perversion that hurts and kills beautiful birds who are minding their own business. ‘For a child to be compelled to witness such casual killing – and by a parent he looks up to, no less – is potentially as harmful to his or her psyche as it is to the bird’s very life. It can desensitise children to the suffering of animals – which is cause for concern, given the well-established link between cruelty to animals in childhood and antisocial behaviour in adulthood – and could give George nightmares. To help him grow into a responsible, compassionate leader, his parents must teach him respect for all living beings.”
Both William and his brother, Prince Harry learned to hunt and shoot at a young age. Prince Harry seems to have slowed down hunting since marrying animal activist Meghan Markle, Prince William still hunts.
Sign this petition to ban trophy hunting!
- Five reasons Trophy Hunting is not conservation
- What Actions You Can Take to Stop Trophy Hunting
- 10 Stories Highlighting the Horrors of the Trophy Hunting Industry
- Petition: Ban Trophy Hunting Around Hwange National Park Where Cecil the Lion Was Killed
- Petition: Protect African Lions from Trophy Hunters!
- South Dakota is Going to Allow Trophy Hunters to Kill 30% of Their Mountain Lions
- Despise Trophy Hunting? 5 Ways You Can Help Stop the Unnecessary Slaughter of Lions and Other Animals
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives One Green Planet a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting by donating!