Summertime is party time! There are birthdays, graduations, and well, just summer partying. You don’t need an occasion – summer is reason enough to get together with friends and celebrate. Of course, every party has to have good food and even more importantly, appetizers. The best food at parties is the food you can eat with your fingers or in just a few bites. Appetizers get the party started.
And why not? Appetizers let you munch while you mingle. You don’t need utensils to eat them. Appetizers are portable, fun, and easy to eat. When the bites are small, you also get to try one (or two) of each of them and not feel like you missed out on something yummy.
Appetizers go way beyond chips and dip, though we love dips too – look at these 15 Dips and Spreads that are perfect for a party. Anything can be an appetizer – just shrink the size down to bite-sized. Serve chilled soups in shot glasses, put out a bunch of sliders and mini-sandwiches, and set up a toppings bar so everyone can customize their food. Impress everyone with a vegan cheese plate with some of these 20 Amazing Vegan Cheeses You Can Make at Home. Then take a look at these 10 Cheesy Spreads to Bring to Your Next Party. Everyone loves Chinese dumplings and vegan sushi. Learn how to make Perfect Fried or Steamed Dumplings and How to Prep Veggies, Cook Rice and Make Yummy Veggie Sushi Rolls.
The next time you throw a shindig or get invited to a party, check out these Simple and Flavorful Vegan Appetizer Ideas To Take to Your Next Celebration. For even more recipes and ideas, here are 30 vegan appetizers that will make you the life of the party!
1. Smoked Cashew Cheese Spread
Put this Smoked Cashew Cheese Spread on the table with a bunch of crackers and stand back. With its smoky flavor and creamy texture, this is going to disappear before your eyes.
2. Avocado and Veggie Spring Rolls
These Avocado and Veggie Spring Rolls are so good with crunchy vegetables and creamy avocado. Make a lot of them because everyone will want two or three.
Get the Summer Cookbook!
3. Chickpea Salad Sliders
Sliders are always fun. These Chickpea Salad Sliders have yummy chickpeas flavored with lemon and cilantro. Chopped peanuts add a tasty crunch.
4. Potato and Spinach Cheddar Fritters With Horseradish Dipping Sauce
You don’t have to use utensils to eat these Potato and Spinach Cheddar Fritters if you don’t want to. Cheesy and crispy, dunk them into the horseradish dipping sauce and munch away.
5. Ramp and Brazil Nut Pesto With Artichokes on Socca
Canapés are the perfect party food and these Ramp and Brazil Nut Pesto with Artichokes on Socca might just be the perfect canapé. The ramps add just the right amount of heat to the creamy pesto.
6. Orange Soy Maple Sticky Tenders
These Orange Soy Maple Sticky Tenders are so flavorful and delicious. Use the sauce to cover your favorite vegan meat and then just dig in and enjoy the bright, sweet, and spicy glaze.
7. Spreadable Almond Cheese 3 Ways
This Spreadable Almond Cheese can be flavored in endless ways. Savory, sweet, spicy, whatever you like. Here it is flavored with pesto, green onion, and garlic. Yum!
8. The Ultimate Summer Gazpacho
Put on your dance shoes! This Ultimate Summer Gazpacho is light, fresh, and tangy, and will make you dance with glee. Serve it in shot glasses for a spoon-free starter.
9. Cherry Tomato Bites
Beautiful, colorful cherry tomatoes are the star of these Cherry Tomato Bites. They’re filled with a flavorful chickpea spread and topped with pretty green scallions for a picture-perfect appetizer.
10. Phulkopir Shingara (Bengali Samosa)
These Bengali Samosas have a crisp and flaky crust and a gentle cauliflower and potato filling. Bits of crushed peanuts make these sublime and sensational starters.
11. Sunflower Chive ‘Cheese’ Cucumber Bites
Perfect for a party, these Sunflower Chive “Cheese” Cucumber Bites are seriously tasty and very festive looking! They’re a cinch to whip up and come together in no time. The recipe makes about 50 pieces—perfect for a party!
12. Rosemary Arancini
Risotto is one of the most perfect foods but it can get even better. These Rosemary Arancini are a vegan version of the Italian street food. These fried risotto balls will be a hit at any party.
13. Quinoa Almond Herbed Bread Sticks
Bread sticks are a fun and appealing appetizer. These Quinoa Almond Herbed Bread Sticks are delicious on their own or dipped in marinara or vegan cheese sauce.
14. Lemon and Thyme Baba Ghanoush
Baba Ghanoush has to be one of the most delicious items to ever grace a mezze spread. This roasted eggplant appetizer is flavored with tahini, lemon, and thyme for a delicious spread served with pita chips.
15. Baked Jalapeño Poppers
Your favorite bar food just got a little healthier. There’s no frying or breading involved in these Baked Jalapeno Poppers. Just beautiful jalapeno poppers stuffed with a flavor-packed spicy, cheesy filling.
These adorable Sweetballs are made with sweet potato, nuts, and oats. Serve with marinara sauce, tamari, or your favorite dipping sauce for a new party favorite.
17. Lentil Apricot Tapenade With Curry Aioli
This Lentil Apricot Tapenade with Curry Aioli is a deliciously creamy lentil salad that can be served chunky or smooth. The punch of onion and the sweetness of the apricot, plus the crunch of almonds, dress up this versatile legume beautifully.
18. Low-Fat Vegan Pizza Hummus
Everyone’s favorite spread gets a zesty twist in this Low-Fat Vegan Pizza Hummus. This creamy and addictive dip is bold-flavored and delicious on chips, with raw veggies, or any way you can think of eating it.
19. Stuffed Mushrooms With Lemony Asparagus and Pistachios
Mushrooms are the star of the show in these Stuffed Mushrooms with Lemony Asparagus and Pistachios. Healthy and delicious, this appetizer will have everyone coming back for more.
20. Carrot Flatbreads With Coconut ‘Chèvre’
These Carrot Flatbreads are mostly made of flax seeds with a protein boost. On top is a coconut chèvre that’s tangy and delicious and a garnish of seeds, lemon-dressed carrots, and baby kale.
21. Exquisite Leek and Cashew Appetizer
This Exquisite Leek and Cashew Appetizer is an easy, crowd-pleasing recipe, ideal to bring along when you’re invited to a party. Everybody likes the taste of cashew nuts mixed with sweet leeks. Serve warm or cold with crudité, chicory leaves, or crackers.
22. Potato Fritter Sliders With Chipotle Aioli
These Potato Fritter Sliders are a vegan version of Pav Vada, a traditional Indian street food. The spicy potato filling fried in a chickpea batter is topped with a chipotle green onion aioli for an awesome appetizer.
23. Pickled Beet Mini Tacos
These Pickled Beet Mini Tacos are a cinch to make and so adorable! The smooth cream, orange zest, and chives combine to turn a simple pickled beet into a surprisingly delicious, tangy little treat.
24. Mini Vegan Party Pizzas
Who doesn’t love pizza? With these Mini Vegan Party Pizzas, everyone gets their own personal-sized pizza. Make different toppings or let people choose their own for even more fun!
25. Chili Coated Plantain Crisps With Lime Ketchup
Put a spicy twist on the usual chips. These Chili Coated Plantain Crisps are great for parties. Warm and crispy, these are better and healthier than potato chips. Serve them with the special lime ketchup and watch them be a hit!
26. Sticky Peanut Cauliflower Wings
Sticky, salty, spiced, and addictive: these Sticky Peanut Cauliflower ‘Wings’ might be your new favorite starter. Once served, these tempting morsels don’t hang around for long on the table (never mind even making it to a plate).
27. Lentil Mushroom Walnut Balls
These Lentil Mushroom Walnut Balls are not only tasty but good for you too. These are great for parties and can be made ahead of time! They will take your gathering from fun to phenomenal!
28. Red Cabbage and Jicama Spring Rolls With Peanut Dipping Sauce
How beautiful are these Red Cabbage and Jicama Spring Rolls! They are also easy to make and so versatile – fill them with whatever you like. Serve them with a delicious peanut dipping sauce.
29. Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
These Cauliflower Buffalo Bites are a crowd-pleaser for any event. Spicy and addicting, serve these with celery sticks, carrots, and vegan blue cheese dressing.
30. Vegan Goat Cheese Pesto Dip
The secret to this Vegan Goat Cheese Pesto Dip is using smoked almonds. The dip is tangy, smoky, and delicious. Serve with pretzels, crackers, or crudité for a spread that will blow everyone away.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.