These really surprised me. I wasn’t sure how good they would be (I’ve never made spring rolls before), but they were delicious. My brother really loved them – and he can be picky, so I always feel accomplished when he goes back for thirds and fourths!!
Avocado and Veggie Spring Rolls [Vegan]
- 1 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped bok choy
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (more or less, your preference)
- A dash of chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- Vegan spring roll wraps
- Add all your prepped veggies to a pan with your sesame oil. Sauté away over medium heat, until cooked and tender.
- Add your rice vinegar, soy sauce, and seasonings. Take off heat and set aside.
- Spring roll wrapping can be a little tedious, but I promise you get the hang of it quickly. Take a spring roll and place in a large bowl of room temp water for about 10-15 seconds (until pliable). Place on a damped towel, add your veggies, layer some avocado, fold up side, and roll up. They should have instructions on the package, too!
- Add your rolls to a lined baking sheet, greased with cooking spray.
- Bake spring rolls for 15 minutes, then turn over, then another 15. If you want them really crispy, you may need more time. Use your best judgement, of course.
Vegan spring roll wrappers can be found in the Asian food aisle of larger grocery stores or in Asian grocery stores.