You can enjoy this cheesy sauce with zucchini pasta or rice noodles, as a spread on top of your favorite bread or as a cheesy base on vegan pizza. It's also great as a simple snack or an appetizer too.
Smoked Cashew Cheese Spread [Vegan]
1 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3/4 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 large pinches of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of cashews, finely ground
- Combine red bell pepper, water, nutritional yeast, lime juice, salt, paprika powder, smoked paprika powder, turmeric powder, cayenne pepper, and finely ground cashews in a blender. Blend until smooth.
This Smoked Cashew Cheese Spread will stay fresh for at least 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can choose to soak your cashews for 2 hours or longer too. This way, you won’t need to chop them before blending your sauce and you won’t need to add any extra water.