Any excuse to make and eat something wrapped in bread, right? I’m so down. That was the main reason why I made chickpea salad with lots of lemon and cilantro. It’s beautiful. And the little slider bun is the wind beneath this chickpea salad’s wings. Tell me you want it.
Chickpea Salad Sliders [Vegan]
- 1 can of chickpeas; rinsed & drained
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1/4 of a red onion; sliced
- 1 small handful of fresh cilantro
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Optional: a few salted peanuts; chopped
- Add the chickpeas to a bowl and mash them gently. Aim for about 30% of the chickpeas to be mush and the rest just slightly broken up.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix. Adjust everything to your preference.
- Place as much as you can in little sesame bun sliders and enjoy!