Pizza and hummus become best buds in this incredibly delicious, bold-flavored dip. This stuff is amazing with a spoon, on chips, on toast or any other way you can think of. It is not only oil-free, making it healthier than most hummus recipes out there, it is wonderfully creamy and addictive.
Low-Fat Pizza Hummus [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Low-Fat Pizza Hummus [Vegan]
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 1/4 cups tomato puree/sauce (mine only has added salt)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons runny tahini
- Optional toppings: olives, fresh basil, red pepper flakes
How to Prepare Low-Fat Pizza Hummus [Vegan]
- Drain and rinse the beans and add them to a food processor. Process until they are basically broken up and mashed. Add the tomato puree only and blend again until really smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until completely smooth. Scrape the sides and let it go for several minutes. I let mine go for at least 5 minutes or longer until it was creamy dreamy smooth. That's the key to getting that silky smooth texture. The longer you blend, the smoother it will get. Taste and adjust any spices if needed.
- Place in a serving bowl and add optional toppings. This makes a beautiful display if serving at a party. I added olives, fresh basil and red pepper flakes to mine for a beautiful presentation.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.