You know those packages of colorful, tiny tomatoes that you see in the store or the farmer's market sometimes. Well, I saw a multicolored mixture of tomatoes, and I knew that a tiny tomato recipe was in order. I wanted to make an appetizer-esque recipe topped with pretty green scallions. What can I say, the colors just drew me in.
Cherry Tomato Bites [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cherry Tomato Bites [Vegan]
- 2-3 dozen cherry tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 2 stalks of green onion
How to Prepare Cherry Tomato Bites [Vegan]
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic (if using), salt, and pepper.
- Begin to process. Add the water one tablespoon at a time to achieve a creamy, hummus consistency.
- Halve and de-seed the tomatoes. Dry the tomato halves off with a paper towel to remove any excess tomato goopiness.
- Fill a plastic bag with the chickpea mixture. Slice off one corner and squeeze to fill each tomato half.
- Finely dice the green onion and garnish.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.