You know those packages of colorful, tiny tomatoes that you see in the store or the farmer's market sometimes. Well, I saw a multicolored mixture of tomatoes, and I knew that a tiny tomato recipe was in order. I wanted to make an appetizer-esque recipe topped with pretty green scallions. What can I say, the colors just drew me in.
Cherry Tomato Bites [Vegan]
- 2-3 dozen cherry tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 2 stalks of green onion
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic (if using), salt, and pepper.
- Begin to process. Add the water one tablespoon at a time to achieve a creamy, hummus consistency.
- Halve and de-seed the tomatoes. Dry the tomato halves off with a paper towel to remove any excess tomato goopiness.
- Fill a plastic bag with the chickpea mixture. Slice off one corner and squeeze to fill each tomato half.
- Finely dice the green onion and garnish.