I was craving something Asian-inspired and sticky to go along with a stir-fry I was making and so these tenders were born. Making these Soy Maple Tenders is really fast and easy. Just combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and cook until thickened. Brown the tenders in a pan and then toss in the sauce and let cook until it becomes a glaze. That’s it.
Orange Soy Maple Sticky Tenders [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Orange Soy Maple Sticky Tenders [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup gluten-free, low-sodium tamari
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbs. mirin or brown rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. Sriracha hot sauce
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1-inch fresh grated ginger
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 package gluten-free homestyle tender vegan chicken strips
- Scallion greens for garnish
How to Prepare Orange Soy Maple Sticky Tenders [Vegan]
- In a small saucepan, combine the tamari, maple syrup, brown rice vinegar, Sriracha, orange juice and zest (reserve some of the zest for garnish), ginger, garlic and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer until thickened.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and let it heat up. Place the tenders in the skillet and cook until browned on one side, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the second side, another 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat and pour the sauce over the tenders. Toss to coat the tenders in the sauce. Let cook until the sauce thickens into a glaze. Remove from the heat. Transfer the tenders onto a plate and garnish with the reserved orange zest and scallion (or kale) greens. Serve with your favorite stir-fry.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2,580 | Total Carbs: 174 g | Total Fat: 126 g | Total Protein: 193 g | Total Sodium: 9,079 mg | Total Sugar: 77 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.