Perfect for a party, these are seriously tasty AND very festive looking! They’re a cinch to whip up, and come together in no time. They're best served chilled, so make them ahead and pop them in fridge for an hour or so. The recipe makes about 50 pieces—perfect for a party—but you can halve it if you prefer. Enjoy!
Sunflower Chive ‘Cheese’ Cucumber Bites [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sunflower Chive ‘Cheese’ Cucumber Bites [Vegan]
- 4 large cucumbers
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp raw red onion, chopped
- 1 large handful fresh chives, about 1/2 cup chopped, reserve about 2-3 Tbsp for sprinkling on top
- 1 clove fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup water, or more as needed to get to creamy consistency
- Optional: sprinkling of sumac on top
How to Prepare Sunflower Chive ‘Cheese’ Cucumber Bites [Vegan]
- Combine sunflower seeds and salt in bowl of food processor. Process for 10-20 seconds until they form a fine powder. Add remaining ingredients onion through water and process again for 1-2 minutes, until super creamy. You will likely have to scrape down the sides once or twice. Set aside.
- If desired, peel cucumber lightly in alternating rows, to create a pretty striped effect on outside. Slice into 1-1.5" pieces and set aside.
- Spread a spoonful of "cheese" on top of each cucumber and place on plate or platter. Continue until done, sprinkle with chopped chives and sumac if desired, and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.