You don’t have to have a sweet tooth to enjoy a piece of candy every now and then, but if you do, you probably want candy more often than that. The problem with buying candy at the store is that it may contain ingredients that are less than healthy. That doesn’t mean there aren’t healthier vegan candy bars available – see these 10 Healthier Vegan Candy Bar Options.
When you make your own candy, you get to choose the ingredients that go into it. Take sugar for example. When you make your own candy, you can be sure it’s free from refined sugar and choose Healthier Alternatives to White Sugar. You can opt for superfood ingredients like dark chocolate and raw cacao. See 10 Divine Ways to Create Delicious Dark Chocolate Desserts for dark chocolate decadence. Read Cacao vs. Cocoa: What You Need to Know to learn the difference between the two and then learn How the Nutrients in Raw Cacao Can Help Fight Sugar Cravings. Your homemade candy can be cooked or raw, packed with superfoods, super-healthy, and still delicious. Satisfy your sweet tooth with these 10 vegan candy recipes, and you’ll wonder why you ever bought candy in the first place.
1. Sugar-Free Puffed Quinoa and Cacao Nib Chocolate Bars
If you like those chocolate bars with crispy rice, you’ll love Annie Oliverio’s Puffed Quinoa and Cacao Nib Chocolate Bars. Made with healthy cacao powder and cacao nibs, these dark chocolate bars get their crunch from puffed quinoa and have a fresh mint flavor. They’re sugar-free too!
2. Giant Vegan Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups
Source: Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups
It only takes four ingredients to make these Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups by Clémence Moulaert. Inspired by the traditional caramelized biscuits from Belgium, these giant-sized treats are big enough to share – but they’re so good you probably won’t want to.
3. Vegan Snickers!
Source: Vegan Snickers
4. Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter Cups
These Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter Cups by Emily von Euw come with a warning label because they are so good you just might get addicted to them. They are big almond butter cups with shredded coconut, raw chocolate, and no refined sugars. Remember, you were warned.
5. The First RAW Vegan Butterfinger Candy Bar
Source: Raw Vegan Butterfinger Candy Bar
Have you ever read the ingredients label of a Butterfinger candy bar? It’s pretty scary and can give you nightmares. This delicious Raw Vegan Butterfinger Candy Bar by Brandi Doming has 6 ingredients like mulberries, peanuts, chocolate, and agave. They are all real ingredients that will only give you sweet dreams.
Source: Peanut Butter Cups
There’s no reason to buy peanut butter cups when it’s so easy to make them. Andrea Biethman‘s Peanut Butter Cups have only four ingredients, and they taste even better than the store-bought versions. They even have cute little liners to keep your fingers clean!
7. Almond Joy Bars
Source: Almond Joy Bars
Sometimes you feel like a nut and when you do, reach for these Almond Joy Bars by Marquis Matson @realrawkitchen
. They have a chocolate base, a coconut center, and a rich chocolate ganache. The fact that they’re low in sugar, high in healthy fats, and big on chocolatey goodness will definitely bring you joy.
8. Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolates
Skip any candy that has artificial food coloring in it. These Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolates by Nissrine Boufawaz get their beautiful bright pink color from fresh raspberries. The creamy filling is cashew-based and slightly tart from the berries. They are coated with rich, dark chocolate that’s simply divine.
9. Healthy, Organic, Raw, Vegan, and Gluten Free Snickers!
Source: Raw Snickers Cake
This Raw Snickers Cake by Judy Moosmueller has a whole lot of adjectives: raw, vegan, organic, gluten-free, healthy, rich, decadent, and amazing. The layers of nougat, peanut caramel, and chocolate can be made into candy, or keep layering until you have an incredible and delicious cake. Hey, that’s two more adjectives.
10. Super Easy Spicy Raw Chocolate Bonbons
Source: Raw Chocolate Bonbons
Just because you have a sweet tooth, that doesn’t mean you can add a little spice to your candy. These Raw Chocolate Bonbons by Maria Loghin are sweet and spicy with peanut butter, ground hazelnuts, and a pinch of chili just to make it interesting.
OMG! When you look at these amazing vegan candy recipes, why would you ever buy candy again? These candies are delicious and healthy, so they will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, they’ll make the rest of your body happy too.
- 15 Dairy-Free Chocolate Covered Sweets!
- 15 Dairy-Free Sweets Made with Cocoa!
- Gelatin-Free Sweets on The Rise, Here’s How to Make Your Own!
- 23 Dairy-Free Indian Sweets For Diwali That Will Wow Your Friends and Family
- Explore the World of Sweets With 15 International Vegan Desserts
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.