Miss Snickers? Why not try homemade Snickers! Who says you have to give everything up once you go vegan? Dates are naturally sweet and have a caramel-like taste so they perfectly mimic the caramel and nougat layer in the regular Snickers bar without the need of added processed sugar or syrup. These homemade Snickers are fantastic—gooey, crunchy, and chocolatey all at once. You are going to fall in love.
Vegan Snickers! [Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Vegan Snickers! [Gluten-Free]
- 2 bars dark chocolate
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
How to Prepare Vegan Snickers! [Gluten-Free]
- Start by lining a rectangular plastic container or small tin with some grease-proof paper.
- Melt the first bar of chocolate. Simply break the bar up into small pieces in glass bowl, place the bowl over a saucepan of steaming hot water and stir until the chocolate has melted completely. Pour the melted chocolate into the greaseproof-lined container/tin, making sure it spreads out to form an even layer and covers the base of the container/tin completely.
- Evenly distribute the salted peanuts onto the melted chocolate. Place in the freezer for a few minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- To create the caramel-date filling, place the dates and fresh pineapple into a food processor/blender and whiz to form a gooey paste. (The pineapple is added to provide a bit of moisture, but you'll hardly taste it in the finished product)
- Take the container out of the freezer and spread the date mixture evenly over the first layer of chocolate. Place in the freezer for another few minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the second bar of chocolate in a clean glass bowl (repeat the process outlined above).
- Take the container out of the freezer again and drizzle the second layer of melted chocolate over the top, making sure to cover the date filling completely. Don't worry if it looks a little bumpy or whatever, it's all part of the homemade charm.
- Place the container in the freezer one last time for about 20-30 minutes so that all the layers harden sufficiently.
- Lift the chocolate out of the container/tin and peel back the greaseproof paper. Use a large knife to cut the chocolate into 10 little bars of roughly equal size. You can trim the outer edges if you want it to look all neat and extra fancy. Share and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 972 | Total Carbs: 111 g | Total Fat: 52 g | Total Protein: 20 g | Total Sodium: 133 g | Total Sugar: 110 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.