Is there anything prettier than deep, dark, shiny chocolate bars? Add a little crunch, a little mint—and your mouth is in sugar-free sweet heaven.
Sugar-Free Puffed Quinoa and Cacao Nib Chocolate Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sugar-Free Puffed Quinoa and Cacao Nib Chocolate Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup high-quality cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa mint syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
How to Prepare Sugar-Free Puffed Quinoa and Cacao Nib Chocolate Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Set aside a silicon mold. Put the cacao powder in a large glass measuring cup. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, gently melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil with the cocoa mint syrup. Once the mixture is melted, remove pan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Pour mixture into the measuring cup with the cacao powder, and whisk until it is thoroughly incorporated and a rich, dark brown. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Stir in the puffed quinoa and cacao nibs. Divide the mixture between 9 molds and refrigerate until set, less than one hour.
There are brands of cocoa mint syrup out there sweetened with stevia, which would make this recipe entirely sugar free. If you can't find them or simply don't want to go that route, you could use a vegan chocolate syrup instead and forgo the mint – or just add additional peppermint extract. After you pour the chocolate into the molds, sprinkle a little extra puffed quinoa and cacao nibs on top.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Chocolate Candy Bars & Treats
- Grains - Other
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2702 | Total Carbs: 97 g | Total Fat: 248 g | Total Protein: 26 g | Total Sodium: 64 g | Total Sugar: 18 g Per Serving: Calories: 300 | Carbs: 11 g | Fat: 28 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 7 mg | Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.