Caution: these are addictive. This is the THIRD TIME I have made them because they are so damn delicious. Please, make them. Share them. Rejoice in the miracle that is raw vegan chocolate + almond butter + coconut. Essentially what you have here is a super wide peanut butter cup with raw chocolate, but I use almond butter instead of peanut butter, and I mixed in coconut shreds to thicken it up.
Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter Cups [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
2 large cups or a few smaller ones
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar or date paste
- 3/4 cup cacao powder or carob powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or cacao butter, melted
- 3 heaping tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut shreds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Mix all of the chocolate ingredients until smooth and ridiculously delicious-looking.
- To make the coconut almond butter filling: simply stir everything together!
- Prepare two mini tart tins by lining them with plastic wrap, or use cup cake papers. Pour half the chocolate mixture evenly into the bottom of the tins or papers, then put in the freezer until solid (it should only take a few minutes). Scoop the almond butter mixture evenly into each tart tin or paper, then cover with the remaining half of the chocolate - decorating with a nut if you like - and put in the freezer for another few minutes til solid, or leave 'em in overnight for a frozen treat.