If you’re looking for tasty and healthy vegan snacks to keep you satisfied between meals, you’ve come to the right place! Vegan snacks are not only delicious but also packed with nutrients that will give you the energy you need to power through your day. So, let’s explore 15 of the best vegan snack recipes from onegreenplanet.org that are sure to elevate your snacking game to the next level.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
2. Cheezy Kale Chips
Source: Cheezy Kale Chips
If you haven’t been living under a rock, you’ve likely heard about the kale being a “health food.” The leafy green is abundant in V vitamins, amino acids, and fiber. There are some really tasty ways to get it into your diet (and perhaps even slip it into your kids’ meals). Today, you’re going to learn how to make these Cheezy Kale Chips by Amanda Froelich!
3. 3-Ingredient, Easy Peanut Butter Oat Bars
Oats are like magic – they are not only a healthy superfood but they can be used a million different ways! Michele Elizabeth‘s Peanut Butter Oat Bars are beyond easy – you could probably make them in your sleep (don’t). It’s mostly melting, stirring, and waiting by the fridge. Oh yeah, it’s actually that simple. Skip the prepackaged bars from the store and make these yourself. They’re delicious, easy, rich, and healthy. No excuses!
4. Thyme and Pistachio White Bean Dip
Get your pitas warm and ready because you’re going to want to make this delicious white bean dip ASAP. The vegan goat cheese, pistachio, and thyme pair together beautifully. Creamy, flavorful, and unique, this Thyme and Pistachio White Bean Dip by Stephanie McKinnie is sure to be a party favorite.
5. Dill Edamame Snack
Source: Dill Edamame Snack
Edamame pods are a great protein-filled snack that are super fun to eat! This Dill Edamame Snack by Gunjan Dudani is brought to the next level with its eclectic mix of herbs including cinnamon powder, cardamom, turmeric, and fresh dill. Simply marinate the edamame pods in this flavorful oil and start snacking!
6. Spicy Kale Chips
Source: Spicy Kale Chips
Anytime you go to a food enthusiast’s website you’d be pretty hard pressed to not find a kale chip recipe. There are tons out there, but these raw Spicy Kale Chips by Andrea Biethman totally rock! You can even pop these in the oven if you’d like.
7. Roasted Balsamic Carrot Hummus
Source: Roasted Balsamic Carrot Hummus
As soon as you dipped your first pita chip into this unique Roasted Balsamic Carrot Hummus by Liz Martone you’ll be in love. It’s the perfect balance of those savory, rustic hummus flavors mixed with the slightly sweet, caramelized balsamic carrots. Serve with homemade pita chips, tortilla chips, or fresh vegetables.
Bruschetta is a favorite. A very simple side dish or snack that is fresh and tasty. And you can eat it for virtually any or every meal of the day. Use the freshest tomatoes you can find, mix all your ingredients together and enjoy this delicious Bruschetta by Maryke Wylde!
9. Almond Cashew Coconut Energy Bites
Coconut energy bites made with medjool dates, raw cashews, raw almonds, coconut oil, chia seeds, and rolled in coconut! These are tasty and quite easy to make! Just throw the ingredients in a food processor, roll into balls, and cover with coconut. Store them in the refrigerator for the next time you need a healthy snack! These Almond Cashew Coconut Energy Bites by Laura Nockett are grain-free and dairy-free. They’re also naturally sweetened with dates! You might want to make an extra batch––they’re addicting.
10. Mango Beet Sushi
Source: Mango Beet Sushi
These sushi rolls are gorgeous, colorful, and full of health benefits! Beets are an extremely heart-healthy food. Why not wrap this root veggie into a foodie favorite – sushi! Sweet mango, juicy cucumber, and creamy avocado are paired with beet to create a beautifully sweet, crunchy, and savory bite of Mango Beet Sushi from Caroline Ginolfi.
11. Healthy Spelt, Oats, Chia and Flax Seed Crisps
These Healthy Spelt, Oats, Chia and Flax Seed Crisps by Julie Zimmer are made with three different types of seeds, spelt flour, and rolled oats. All you need is a basic oven, a rolling pin, and a baking sheet. They taste great alone or you can enjoy them with dips, soups, or as hors d’oeuvres topped up with your favorite savory foods.
12. Pizza Hummus
Source: Pizza Hummus
Saturated with umami flavor, this Pizza Hummus from Real Food Really Fast: Delicious Plant-Based Recipes Ready in 10 Minutes or Lessis like a roasted tomato puree, voluptuous “cheese” sauce, and the creamiest hummus possible all wrapped up in one spreadable, dippable package. Just a touch of red pepper flakes lends a faint, piquant bite, exactly the way a good slice ought to.
13. Creamy Avocado Hummus
Source: Creamy Avocado Hummus
As a beautiful cross between guacamole and bean dip, this Creamy Avocado Hummus from Christina Bedetta makes for a delicious appetizer/snack as a dip with veggies and pita chips, and also makes a wonderful spread for a variety of sandwiches. This recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
14. 5-Ingredient Zucchini Chips
Source: 5-Ingredient Zucchini Chips
15. Almond and Oat Banana Bites
Source: Almond and Oat Banana Bites
From crunchy chips and dips to sweet energy balls and bars, these 20 healthy vegan snack recipes from onegreenplanet.org are sure to satisfy your cravings and keep you full between meals. So, next time you’re feeling peckish, try one of these recipes and enjoy the delicious taste of vegan snacking.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Source: Mushroom Stroganoff
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.