Anytime you go to a food enthusiast's website you’d be pretty hard pressed to not find a kale chip recipe. I know there are tons out there, but these raw kale chips totally rock! They remind me of the expensive $7 bag that you’d find at your local health food store. I made mine raw, but you can definitely pop these in the oven if you’d like.
Spicy Kale Chips [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 8 cups of kale
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne
- Soak the seeds for about an hour.
- Wash and de-stem the kale. Wash red bell pepper and clean the seeds out.
- Blend red pepper, sunflower seeds, and spices together to get a nice thick paste. Add to kale and massage it to make sure you get the mixture over all of it.
- Dehydrate on 115°F for 24 hours or bake on 300°F for 25 minutes or until kale is crispy.