Bruschetta is a favorite. A very simple side dish or snack that is fresh and tasty. And you can eat it for virtually any or every meal of the day. Use the freshest tomatoes you can find, mix all your ingredients together and enjoy!
- 2 slices of sour dough bread
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- Toast your bread.
- Dice the tomato and onion and mince the garlic.
- Mix the balsamic and olive oil with the tomato, onion and garlic mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with fresh basil.