If you haven’t been living under a rock, you’ve likely heard about the kale being a “health food.” The leafy green is abundant in V vitamins, amino acids, and fiber. There are some really tasty ways to get it into your diet (and perhaps even slip it into your kids’ meals). Today, you’re going to learn how to make kale chips!
Cheezy Kale Chips [Vegan]
- 2 bunches of whole kale leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried herb seasoning (salt-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup distilled water
- Remove kale stems and cut leaves into palm-size pieces.
- Put the rest of the "cheez" ingredients in a blender and blend on high until creamy. Add water to thin consistency, as needed.
- Massage a liberal amount of the mixture onto both sides of each kale piece. Try to get the nut cheez into the creasees.
- Place coated leaves on Teflex sheets and dehydrate for 2 hours.
- Remove Teflex sheets, turn leaves over, and dehydrate another 2 hours or until leaves are crispy.
- Store in an air-tight container for 2-3 days (if they last that long...