These homemade crisps are a nice change from the store-bought kind. Made with three different types of seeds, spelt flour and rolled oats, they’re good for you and are high in fiber. To make these crisps you don’t need a dehydrator, just a basic oven, a rolling pin, and a baking sheet. They taste great alone or you can enjoy them with dips, soups, or as hors d’oeuvres topped up with your favorite savory foods.
Healthy Spelt, Oats, Chia and Flax Seed Crisps [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Healthy Spelt, Oats, Chia and Flax Seed Crisps [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup flax powder (I use a small coffee grinder to grind the flax seeds)
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, dry or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
How to Prepare Healthy Spelt, Oats, Chia and Flax Seed Crisps [Vegan]
- Mix the flax powder, spelt flour, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds in a bowl.
- Add the cup of warm water and mix with a fork. Let this sit to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Add the rolled oats, vegetable oil, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix with a fork until well combined
- Form a ball with the mixture and put it on parchment paper. Roll it out thin with a rolling pin. The edges will be irregular but that is fine.
- Transfer the mixture with the parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake in 350°F preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out and flip the mixture on the other side and remove parchment paper. Slice with a knife to make individual crisps.
- Put back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes more.
- When done and the edges are golden, turn off the oven heat and keep the crisps in the oven with the door shut for another 20 minutes to dehydrate.
- Take out and cool before enjoying.
. Store in a covered container.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1241| Total Carbs: 104g | Total Fat: 77g | Total Protein: 33g | Total Sodium: 198mg | Total Sugar: 4Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.