As soon as you dipped your first pita chip into this unique hummus, you'll be in love. It’s the perfect balance of those savory, rustic hummus flavors mixed with the slightly sweet, caramelized balsamic carrots. Serve with homemade pita chips, tortilla chips, or fresh vegetables.
Roasted Balsamic Carrot Hummus [Vegan]
For the Hummus:
- 1 cup baby carrots or regular carrots, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, for roasting
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, for roasting
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 heaping tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/3 cup ice cold water
For the Optional Garnish:
- Pine nuts
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss carrots in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until tender.
- Once carrots are done roasting, place all the hummus ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor, except for the water. Blend until ingredients are combined and starting to break down. Slowly add in the cold water as you continue to blend until smooth.
- Serve with homemade pita chips, vegetables, or tortilla chips.