This one scored high marks as the closest tasting to cookie dough you want to eat raw — like don’t bother putting them in the oven because they rock like this — cookie dough success. You have to make these! Not just because I think these should be in everyone’s refrigerator at all times, but because they are a super easy snack that you can reach for after the gym or to add to a lunch away from home. They are a high-energy snack, high in protein, and double as dessert. What could be better!?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons flax (ground or whole is fine if able to pulverize into a powder)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1/2-whole scoop natural unsweetened protein powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons agave nectar or brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil in liquid state
- 3-4 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Blend or purée the dry ingredients (all but the last 3 ingredients) together until they are powdery like a flour. If you do not have a high-speed blender or food processor, use almond flour and ground flax.
- In a bowl, stir together the blended ingredients and the last three ingredients until everything is moistened evenly.
- Form into 10 protein balls and refrigerate overnight for the best flavor.