This one scored high marks as the closest tasting to cookie dough you want to eat raw — like don’t bother putting them in the oven because they rock like this — cookie dough success. You have to make these! Not just because I think these should be in everyone’s refrigerator at all times, but because they are a super easy snack that you can reach for after the gym or to add to a lunch away from home. They are a high-energy snack, high in protein, and double as dessert. What could be better!?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons flax (ground or whole is fine if able to pulverize into a powder)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1/2-whole scoop natural unsweetened protein powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons agave nectar or brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil in liquid state
- 3-4 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
How to Prepare Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Blend or purée the dry ingredients (all but the last 3 ingredients) together until they are powdery like a flour. If you do not have a high-speed blender or food processor, use almond flour and ground flax.
- In a bowl, stir together the blended ingredients and the last three ingredients until everything is moistened evenly.
- Form into 10 protein balls and refrigerate overnight for the best flavor.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2333 | Total Carbs: 215 g | Total Fat: 135 g | Total Protein: 77 g | Total Sodium: 215 mg | Total Sugar: 196 g Per Serving: Calories: 233 | Carbs: 22 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: 22 mg | Sugar: 20 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.