As a beautiful cross between guacamole and bean dip, this creamy avocado hummus makes for a delicious appetizer/snack as a dip with veggies and pita chips, and also makes a wonderful spread for a variety of sandwiches. This recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
Creamy Avocado Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoon water, as needed to blend
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Simply add all hummus ingredients except for parsley to a food processor and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Scoop into a bowl, garnish with parsley, and serve alongside fresh cut veggies and warm pita chips. Enjoy!