If you’re skeptical about tofu, these recipes are sure to turn you into a lover! These tofu steak recipes are anything but bland. They make wonderful vegan dinner centerpieces, and they are filling, satisfying, and packed full of flavor! You can make these plant-based “steaks” for the whole family, or for dinner parties, and they are guaranteed to impress everyone, including the tofu skeptics!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Peppered Tofu Steaks
Source: Peppered Tofu Steaks
2. Teriyaki Tofu Steaks
Source: Teriyaki Tofu Steaks
3. Mediterranean Tofu Steaks
Source: Mediterranean Tofu Steaks
4. Rhubarb-Marinated Tofu Steaks
Source: Rhubarb-Marinated Tofu Steaks
Here is a meatless barbecue recipe by Heather Thomas that highlights one of the most robust vegetables to be harvested in spring, rhubarb. These Tofu Steaks marry well with spices and soy sauce to make a suitably tangy marinade.
5. Crispy Panko-Crusted Tofu Steak
Source: Crispy Panko-Crusted Tofu Steak
Crispy Panko-Crusted Tofu Steak is a fantastic vegan dinner centerpiece. Panko-crusted tofu steak pairs nicely with curry sauce or garlic soy dipping sauce. The crispy, crunchy golden Panko breadcrumb with the soft, slightly bouncy texture of the firm tofu. This recipe by S.C. Chuang will make you fall in love with tofu!
6. Teriyaki Tofu Steaks
Source: Teriyaki Tofu Steaks
7. Tofu Steaks
Source: Tofu Steaks
8. Panko-Crusted Cajun Tofu Steaks
Source: Panko-Crusted Cajun Tofu Steaks
9. Lemon Paprika Tofu Steaks
Source: Lemon Paprika Tofu Steaks
These delectable Lemon Paprika Tofu Steaks by Danya Dhanak are bursting with flavor, are simple to prepare, and make the perfect addition to almost any dish. The tofu is marinated in a simple mint, lemon, and black salt dressing and then fried to perfection in a cast iron skillet to give the steaks a crispy outside while the inside remains tender.
10. Philly Tofu Cheese Steak
Source: Philly Tofu Cheese Steak
The Philly cheesesteak is an American classic; take a trip to Philadelphia and you will likely run into several stands hocking this savory, cheesy sandwich and you can even find restaurants that offer a plant-based version. But if you can’t make it to the city of brotherly love, you can make this tofu cheesesteak by Vegan Daydream at home. Tofu is cooked in a savory sauce, then paired with caramelized shallots, sautéed bell peppers, and melty vegan cheese on a toasted bun. Hello, delicious!
11. Grilled Tofu Steaks With Orange Ginger Glaze
Kick off grill season with these Grilled Tofu Steaks With Orange Ginger Glaze by Sheil Shukla! They’re grilled until browned on both sides and then brushed with a sticky, citrusy, and spicy orange-ginger glaze — the perfect combination of flavors to welcome outdoor weather. Serve on a bed of grains with grilled vegetables and your favorite barbecue sides.
12. Teriyaki Glazed Tofu Steaks
Source: Teriyaki Glazed Tofu Steaks
This recipe for Teriyaki Glazed Tofu Steaks by Maya Sozer is an incredibly delicious way to enjoy the plant protein powerhouse that is tofu. These steaks are pan-seared and then glazed with a sweet and zesty homemade teriyaki sauce. Serve with white rice and greens for a hearty and tasty meal.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!