These delectable tofu steaks are bursting with flavor, simple to prepare, and make the perfect addition to almost any dish you care to serve them with. The tofu is marinated in a simple mint, lemon, and black salt dressing and then fried to perfection in a cast iron skillet to give the steaks a crispy outside while the inside remains tender.
Lemon Paprika Tofu Steaks [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 7 ounces tofu
- A handful mint leaves or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lemon juice if using dried
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt (use sea or regular salt if you don't have black salt)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or another high-heat oil
- In a small bowl, combine the mint, lemon juice, paprika, and salt. Combine everything by crushing this mixture using a mortar and pestle or blender it well.
- Slice the tofu and brush the marinade onto the slices.
- Heat a cast iron pan (or another heavy-bottomed pan) for 1-2 minutes on medium heat until water dances when splashed on it. Place the tofu onto the pan and cook each side for 3-4 minutes. Flip it once it's browned.
- Serve the tofu immediately.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile