These flavorful steaks are tangy and make for a beautiful presentation! Share these at a dinner party to impress your guests with this delicious plant-based meal!
Mediterranean Tofu Steaks [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 14-ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch 'steaks'
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- Garnish of toasted pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups spinach, julienned
- Marinade the tofu in oil, vinegar, lemon juice, herbs, spices, and garlic for at least 3 hours, mixing around every now and again to make sure it is all nicely seasoned.
- When ready, take out the tofu, reserving the marinade and putting the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and feta in it. Set aside.
- Heat up your grill, works indoors on a grill top or outdoors. Place the tofu on the grill and cook for about 4-6 minutes on each side depending on how firm you like them.
- Make a bed of spinach on each plate. Top spinach with grilled tofu and then top with the marinated tomatoes, olives, and feta.