Crumbly topping, tangy spread. Opportunities abound with this baked almond feta. The richness of almonds and refreshing taste of lemon add a nice finish to pastas, and salads, a flavourful base for sandwiches, or a topper for crackers and baguette slices. When this baked almond based feta is around you’ll find yourself adding it to everything. It has a way of making good things great. To top it all off, it's easy to make!
Baked Almond Feta [Vegan, Grain-Free]
1 9-ounce wheel of cheese
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 medium garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3 tablespoons dried or fresh herbs of choice, chopped if fresh
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place in food processor and process on high speed for about 5 minutes, until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
- If used, add herbs to the food processor and pulse a few more times.
- Place a 2-foot long piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface and lightly grease it with olive oil.
- Transfer the paste from the food processor bowl into the middle of the laid out plastic wrap.
- Take the four corners of the plastic wrap and bring them together, above the paste. All four corners should be touching each other.
- Now tighten the wrap around the paste so that it forms a ball completely covered with plastic (and none of the paste can escape). Shape the paste with your hands to form a round disk and set it down. Now cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently unwrap the plastic around the paste and transfer it on to the parchment paper. Place the baking sheet on to the middle oven rack and bake for about 20 minutes, until the wheel is slightly cracked and starts turning golden on the edges. Cool before serving.
Store it in the fridge, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to two weeks.