Kick-off grill season with these tofu steaks! They're grilled until browned on both sides and then brushed with a sticky, citrusy, and spicy orange-ginger glaze — the perfect combination of flavors to welcome outdoor weather. Serve on a bed of grains with grilled vegetables and your favorite barbecue sides.
Grilled Tofu Steaks With Orange Ginger Glaze [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Grilled Tofu Steaks With Orange Ginger Glaze [Vegan]
For the Tofu:
- 1 14-ounce block tofu
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice or juice from one navel orange
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Baby bok choy (optional, for serving)
- Cooked quinoa (optional, for serving)
How to Prepare Grilled Tofu Steaks With Orange Ginger Glaze [Vegan]
To Make the Glaze:
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce/coconut aminos, ginger, orange zest, sugar, and cayenne in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until a glaze consistency is reached.
To Make the Tofu:
- Drain the tofu block and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper napkins. Cut into six equal-sized portions. Cook tofu on a hot grill or grill pan for a few minutes on each side and then brush on glaze.
- Serve with grilled vegetables, quinoa, rice, or noodles, garnish with sesame seeds, and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 92 | Carbs: 6 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: 251 mg | Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.