Crispy on the oustside, tender on the inside! Easy to make and infused with yummy flavors.
Panko-Crusted Cajun Tofu Steaks [Vegan]
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons cajun spices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup panko, neutral
- Preheat the oven at 400ºF. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Press the tofu following the instructions in the notes. Slice the tofu horizontally in 2 pieces. Add the tofu to the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or so until slightly crispy and browned.
- In the mean time, whisk together all the ingredients listed above until it combines into a sauce. When the tofu is ready, remove fromt the oven and brush with the mixture until fully coated.
- Allow to absorb for 15-20 min.
- Add the panko to a flat plate, spread it out and dip the tofu all sides until fully coated.
- Heat up a skillet with a tiny bit of oil until sizzling hot, lay down the tofu and fry all sides until crispy.