This recipe is super easy and quite forgiving. All you need is four ingredients for this simple, filling, protein packed and delicious dish.
Tofu Steaks [Vegan]
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup chili paste
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- To prepare your tofu, slice thin steaks about 1/3 of an inch or so. Whisk your ingredients into a storage container for marinading. Once blended, add your steaks to the marinade and cover. Refrigerate for about 1 hour and then flip each tofu steak. Marinade for up to 24 hours but at least 2 full hours (allowing each side to soak in the blend).
- Cook in a cast iron pan over med/high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side. You can also bake at 400°F for 10 minutes, flip each steak and repeat for another 10 minutes. Once done cooking, spoon the remaining marinade on each tofu steak and allow to cool a bit. You can eat immediately or refrigerate leftovers for the week.