This is a filling and satisfying recipe that's full of flavor! Make it for the whole family.
Teriyaki Tofu Steaks [Vegan]
- 1 (12-14oz.) package extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 stalk green onions, green parts only
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- optional: steamed broccoli florets
- Prepare tofu by draining and pressing excess liquid out.
- Cut into 1-inch blocks, then into triangles (fourths).
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once hot, carefully add tofu triangles and heat for 5 minutes per side, then pour in teriyaki sauce and let saute an additional 3-4 minutes per side so the sauce caramelizes a bit.
- Transfer to plate and use kitchen scissors to cut 1/4 inch or smaller pieces of green onion over the teriyaki tofu steaks. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- We like to add just steamed broccoli florets to this dish so it soaks up a little of that teriyaki sauce.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile