Macadamia nuts have a sweet and buttery flavor that lends itself perfectly to making non-dairy cheese, butter, and spreads. Plus, all of these recipes are easy to make, and macadamia nuts have plenty of vital nutrients. So, if you’re looking to change things up a bit when it comes to creating some new cheesy and buttery treats, this is the list for you!
1. Baked Macadamia Feta
Source: Baked Macadamia Feta
Many people are afraid that they’re going to miss cheese when going vegan, but to be honest, by now there are so many delicious cheese alternatives out there that it really shouldn’t be a worry anymore. Apart from major companies creating plant-based cheese alternatives, you can also easily make your own nut cheeses, like this beautiful baked macadamia feta, at home. Even if you’re a bit skeptical about the results, you might be surprised by how easy it is and how well they turn out! This Baked Macadamia Feta by Kirsten Kaminski is the perfect example! It’s the ideal combination of that tangy feta and smooth cream cheese – combined in one convenient bundle!
2. Macadamia Cashew Butter
Source: Macadamia Cashew Butter
This Macadamia Cashew Butter by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler might be the best nut butter you have ever tasted. It has a rich, slightly sweet flavor that will delight your taste buds. Add it to your smoothies, serve with fresh fruit or eat it straight from the jar!
3. Zucchini and Horseradish Macadamia Cheese Rolls
Source: Zucchini and Horseradish Macadamia Cheese Rolls
Using a zucchini (courgette) as a wrap around a tasty filling is an excellent way to make simple bite-size food. A medium zucchini will yield 15–18 usable slices. It is easy to prepare these rolls in advance, so they are still fresh when served. Store them in the refrigerator and let them stand at room temperature for 15–20 minutes before serving. You have to try these Zucchini and Horseradish Macadamia Cheese Rolls by Solla Eiriksdottir.
4. Herbed Macadamia Nut Cheese
Source: Herbed Macadamia Nut Cheese
Macadamia nuts are perfect for plant-based cheese making – they’re soft and buttery, and they taste mild enough that you can add a bunch of your favorite flavorings! Enjoy this sophisticated Herbed Macadamia Nut Cheese by Taryn Fitz-Gerald with your favorite crackers, as part of a vegan cheese board.
5. Macadamia Mayonnaise
Source: Macadamia Mayonnaise
One of the more challenging things about going dairy-free is finding good replacements for old favorites. But with this recipe for raw Macadamia Mayonnaise by Nikki Stokes, you don’t have to go without it anymore. It’s creamy, it’s delicious and it’s also super simple to make!
6. Hummus with Macadamia Dukkah
Source: Hummus with Macadamia Dukkah
Hummus is mostly known as an appetizer or dip in the middle eastern world. This Hummus and Macadamia Dukkah by Judy Moosmueller is a variation with macadamia nuts (native to Australia) and dukkah, which is also a middle eastern condiment. Tastes beautiful and adds some extra healthy fats.
7. Macadamia ‘Goat’ Cheese
Source: Macadamia ‘Goat’ Cheese
Macadamia nuts make a great vegan cheese-they are creamy, white, and not gritty when puréed. Try this quick Macadamia ‘Goat’ Cheese by Rachel Carr with toasted baguette, sliced celery, carrot, and cucumber, or your favorite cracker. Garnish your cheese board with olives, pickles, and fresh fruit like tangerines, apples, and grapes
8. Polenta Quiches With Macadamia Ricotta and Squash Blossoms
Source: Polenta Quiches With Macadamia Ricotta and Squash Blossoms
This dish is gorgeous, summery, and rich, but also light – perfect for summer. The “ricotta” is made of macadamia nuts and cashews. It’s rich, creamy, slightly acidulous thanks to the lemon juice, and perfect for putting on…well, everything. These Polenta Quiches With Macadamia Ricotta and Squash Blossoms by Marta Ansaldo and Mimma Sangiorgio have a base of polenta, which are then served with a light basil pesto that you cannot skip! It brings all of the flavors together so nicely.
9. Raw Strawberry Macadamia Cheesecake
Source: Raw Strawberry Macadamia Cheesecake
This Raw Strawberry Macadamia Cheesecake by Lisa Dobler is truly a sight to behold! The grain-free crust is made with just dates and almonds (plus a little chocolate, if you’re so inclined) and topped with fresh strawberries that peek out of a macadamia nut cheesecake filling. This decadent dessert strikes the perfect balance between sweet and creamy.
10. Macadamia Nut Queso Fresco
Source: Macadamia Nut Queso Fresco
This Macadamia Nut Queso Fresco by Dora Stone is a must-try. This cheese is perfect for a fruit and jam cheese plate, topped with chipotle pineapple salsa and served with some chips, it’s perfect. The texture is light and easily spreadable and it has a touch of sweetness but is savory in all the right ways.
11. Cake Batter Cashew-Macadamia Butter
Source: Cake Batter Cashew-Macadamia Butter
Dreams do come true with this creamy Cake Batter Cashew-Macadamia Butter by Taylor Kiser that tastes just like funfetti cake. If you don’t have time to bake a cake, then this recipe is here for you. It’s a magical combination of toasty nuttiness that satisfies your craving for cake in a pinch.
12. Ragu With Dairy-Free Ricotta
Source: Ragu With Dairy-Free Ricotta
Whip up this easy, veggie-packed 25 min vegan Ragu With Dairy-Free Ricotta by Harriet Porterfield. Made with peppers, mushrooms, and lentils and topped with the creamiest homemade dairy-free ricotta! Prepare the ricotta the night before. This recipe makes enough for a big jar of ricotta, which can be enjoyed throughout the week!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!