This raw strawberry cheesecake is truly a sight to behold! The grain-free crust is made with just dates and almonds (plus a little chocolate, if you're so inclined) and topped with fresh strawberries that peek out of a macadamia nut cheesecake filling. This decadent dessert strikes the perfect balance between sweet and creamy.
Raw Strawberry Macadamia Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Strawberry Macadamia Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked for 4 hours
- 1 cup almonds
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
For the Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut blossom syrup or rice syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons agar agar mixed with 1/2 cups water or Irish moss
- 1 cup strawberries
How to Prepare Raw Strawberry Macadamia Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- Add all ingredients for the crust to your food processor until a crumbly mixture forms. It should stick together when you pinch it, but not be too fine.
- Line the bottom of an 8-inch springform cake pan with parchment paper, then grease the sides. Press the dough for the crust into the bottom of the pan.
To Make the Filling:
- Wash the strawberries, dry them, remove the stalks, and halve them. Place the halved strawberries with the cut surface on the outside around the pie ring (as in the recipe photo).
- Add the macadamias, almond milk, sweetener, and vanilla (if using) into the blender and mix until a very fine cream is produced.
- If you're using agar agar, mix the agar agar powder plus 1/2 cup of water to a small pot and cook for a few minutes, until it thickens.
- Immediately add the agar agar mixture to your food processor and blend to combine. Pour the cheesecake filling over the crust.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours and garnish with strawberries.
Total Calories: 3709 | Total Carbs: 235 g | Total Fat: 319 g | Total Protein: 58 g | Total Sodium: 229 g | Total Sugar: 38 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.