Hummus is mostly known as an appetizer or dip of the middle eastern world. This recipe is a variation with macadamia nuts (native to Australia) and dukkah, which is also a middle eastern condiment. Tastes beautiful and adds some extra healthy fats.
Hummus with Macadamia Dukkah [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Hummus with Macadamia Dukkah [Vegan]
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roasted,
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive or macadamia oil
- 1-2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons of dukkah
- Sea salt, to taste
How to Prepare Hummus with Macadamia Dukkah [Vegan]
- Roughly chop macadamia nuts and roast them in a frying pan until golden brown. While still warm toss through the dukkah and put aside to cool down.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until combined and smooth.
- Add more lemon juice or extra nuts for desired consistency.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with dukkah and salt.
- Serve with raw/dehydrated buckwheat flats.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.