Dreams really do come true with this creamy nut butter that tastes just like funfetti cake. If you don't have time to bake a cake, then this recipe is here for you. It’s a magical combination of toasty-nuttiness that satisfies your craving for cake in a pinch.
Cake Batter Cashew-Macadamia Butter [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons light agave nectar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon natural butter extract
- 1 teaspoon raw vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cashews, macadamia nuts, and 2 tablespoons of agave nectar until well coated. Spread out evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 13-15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes
- Place the nuts into a large food processor and blend until super smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides every few minutes. Depending on the strength of your food processor, this could take a while. Mine took 15 minutes.
- Once smooth, Add both of the extracts into the processor and blend to mix.
- Scrape the nut butter into a large, air-tight container. Taste and see if you need to stir in the additional 1 tablespoon of agave. Stir in sprinkles if you like.
- Store in a cool place. You can also store this in the fridge, but it will firm up slightly, so you may need to microwave for a few seconds to get it nice and spread-able.