Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Pound seizure is the cruel practice of taking shelter animals and forcing them to endure painful experiments. Dogs who were once waiting at shelters to find their forever homes full of love are then forced into a scary and traumatizing experience all alone. This is what happened to dogs at a shelter recently who were taken and placed into a lab where they were purposely given painful diseases and had tumors transplanted on their bodies.
Source: Beagle Freedom Project/Youtube
A staff member at the lab said, “We pick up the dogs, we take them to the laboratory, and treat them with the tumors.” The experimenters then go on to watch and record videos of the poor dogs suffering.
However, Beagle Freedom Project was able to liberate the dogs from the laboratory. A huge amount of attention and medical care was needed for the dogs that were rescued, including daily injections and antibiotics. One of the dogs, Mistletoe, lost an eye and needed chemo and even a diaper due to his bleeding tumor.
Although the team at Beagle Freedom Project has been able to get some of the dogs adopted, there are still so many in need of loving homes. To learn more about adopting, contact Beagle Freedom Project at email@example.com or (818) 382-6500.
Numerous companies are standing up against animal testing and recently the USDA made a decision to eliminate some mammalian testing by 2025. The majority of animal testing is used in medicine and for other human products and treatments. According to PETA, the National Institutes of Health wastes $12 billion annually on animal testing that does not lead anywhere. These experiments on animals actually fail 90 percent of the time! The research used on animals rarely correlates when it is tested on humans, making it a waste of money and unnecessary. Monkeys, mice, rats, and dogs are all used in animal experiments nationwide. It’s time countries ban animal experimentation altogether, as it also hurts humans.
- Elon Musk’s Neuralink Animal Testing Panel is Filled With Potential Conflicts
- Australian Scientists Grow Replica Human Lungs to Help End Animal Testing
- Compassion Fatigue is a Real Challenge for Workers in Animal Testing Labs
- Petition: Tell FDA to Phase Out Animal Testing
- Harvard Monkey Study Reignites Debate on Animal Testing
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!