Finally, the FDA has signaled that it wants to end animal testing after decades and decades of hard work by animal rights activists.
Source: Sentient Media/YouTube
This could save thousands of animals that are used and abused in testing facilities. However, the agency does not have a timeline on this, they have only so far requested $5 million in its upcoming year budget to research how to make this shift.
Animals in laboratories experience horrific suffering and death. On top of that, the animals come from breeding facilities where they often aren’t given proper veterinary care, food, or water and live in terrible and cramped conditions. The passage of this bill will be a huge step forward for non-human animals and society as a whole.
According to PETA, the National Institutes of Health wastes $12 billion annually on animal testing that does not lead anywhere. These experiments on animals fail 90 percent of the time! The research used on animals rarely correlates when it is tested on humans, making it a waste of money and unnecessary. Monkeys, mice, rats, and dogs are all used in animal experiments nationwide. It’s time countries ban animal experimentation altogether, as it also hurts humans.
Sign this petition to demand the FDA set a goal for ending animal testing and request more funding to make this goal happen!
While you’re at it, you can also raise awareness through activism apparel by wearing sustainable brands like Tiny Rescue. Check out the Climate Change Collection!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Tell the Parliament of Canada to Protect the Tiny Burrowing Owl
- Tell Australia to Invest in Effective Animal Cruelty Prevention Laws
- Help the Rights of Nature Movement Protect the Amazon
- This Vile Pig Factory Was Finally Shut Down, Now the UK Needs to Fully Enforce Animal Welfare Laws
- Tell the Local Authorities to Require Counseling for Teen Animal Abuser
- Demand Investigation into the Kansas PD For Ignoring Evidence of a Racist Serial Killer for Months
- Tell the Chinese Government to Stop High-Rise Factory Farm That Will Slaughter 1.2 Million Pigs Each Year
- Demand the FBI Investigate the Colorado Mass Shooting at an LGBTQ Nightclub as a Hate Crime
- Tell the FDA to Finally Phase Out Animal Testing
- Tell States to Follow Massachusetts and Ban Throwing Away Clothing
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!