It can feel daunting to have to eat so many vegetables and fruits each day. But, when you’re diet is colorful, it means that you’re getting many different micro and macronutrients. This season is the perfect time to eat the rainbow, and get a powerful dose of antioxidants all at the same time! These meals are not only delicious, but they’re also going to look great on the plate! Enjoy these antioxidant-rich foods this week!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you antioxidant-rich meals to enjoy for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Source: Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Start off this Monday with these delicious meals! These mixed berry muffins are perfect for your Monday morning! Feel free to eat the extras throughout the week! For dinner, this filling salad with wheat berry and mushroom is sure to hit the spot!
- Breakfast: Mixed Berry Muffins by Kristina Humphreys
- Lunch: Asparagus Tart by Tania Pilcher
- Dinner: Warm Wheat Berry, Mushroom, Tomato, and Arugula Salad by Rouxbe
- Dessert: Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cake by Taavi Moore
Source: Roasted Beet Hummus Bowls
These pancakes are not only a good source of whole wheat, but the blueberries add an extra kick of color and antioxidants! Continue your day with these wonderful beet hummus bowls that will add a pop of color to your day!
- Breakfast: Whole Grain Blueberry Pancakes by Christina Bedetta
- Lunch: Roasted Beet Hummus Bowls by Kelli Foster
- Dinner: Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas by Maggie Wescott
- Dessert: Key Lime Pie Avocado Ice Cream by Azucena Noriega
Source: Tahini Kale Protein Bowl
It’s the middle of the week and it’s a day to continue eating colorful, antioxidant-rich foods! For lunch, enjoy this protein bowl for lunch and follow it up with delicious shaved asparagus salad with pesto for dinner!
- Breakfast: Silky Strawberry Avocado Smoothie by Nele Liivlaid
- Lunch: Tahini Kale Protein Bowl by Nikki and Zuzana
- Dinner: Shaved Asparagus Salad with Pesto by Maggie Wescott
- Dessert: Healthy Chocolate Orange Sweet Potato Fudge Cake by Caroline Doucet
Happy Thursday! Enjoy this colorful day with these meals such as this red cabbage coleslaw! Feel free to pair it with your favorite sandwich or protein! End the day with this toasted orzo with colorful veggies to complete your day!
- Breakfast: Tofu Scramble by Bila
- Lunch: Fresh Spring Rolls with Crispy Tofu by Taavi Moore and Red Cabbage Coleslaw by Nele Liivlaid
- Dinner: Toasted Orzo with Roasted Garlic and Asparagus by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez
- Dessert: French Yogurt Cake with Strawberries and Cream by Julie Zimmer
Happy Friday! End the week with this avocado toast and have these wonderful black bean tacos for dinner! If you’re wondering how to start your weekend, start it on this sweet note with these Watermelon Kiwi Popsicles by Lena Ropp!
- Breakfast: Avocado and Pea Smash by Nikki and Zuzana
- Lunch: Kale Sweet Potato Salad by Hannah Sunderani
- Dinner: Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Dressing by Shanika Graham-White
- Dessert: Watermelon Kiwi Popsicles by Lena Ropp
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!